This week, Consumer Reports released their annual list of the lowest-rated new cars on the market today. Because Consumer reports is a respected independent research organization, the vehicle value of all of the cars on the list are expected to plummet in the next few days.
Consumer Reports rated the vehicles after exhaustive tests and comparisons of overall car value and features. Safety, price and reliability played a factor in their ratings. The bottom line is that if you are interested in vehicle value, you do not want to buy any of these cars. They are bad news.
Here’s the list – so you don’t end up buying a low value vehicle:
- Lowest-Rated Subcompact: Mitsubishi Mirage
- Lowest-Rated Compact: Fiat 500L
- Lowest-Rated Mid-sized Sedan: Chrysler 200
- Lowest-Rated Compact Luxury Car: Mercedes-Benz CLA250
- Lowest-Rated Mid-sized Luxury Car: Lincoln MKS
- Lowest-Rated Family SUV: Dodge Journey
- Lowest-Rated Luxury Compact SUV: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Lowest-Rated Large Luxury SUV: Cadillac Escalade
- Lowest-Rated Minivan: Chrysler Town & Country
- Lowest-Rated Green Car: Mitsubishi i-MiEV
You can find out the current estimated value of any any vehicle by using our free search service.